Prabhas is an Indian actor who was born on 23 October 1979 in Chennai and is native of Mogalturu village of West Godavari district. He was born to film producer U. Suryanarayana Raju and his wife Siva Kumari as youngest of the three children including Prabodh (brother) and Pragathi (sister). Prabhas went to the DNR School, Bhimavaram and graduated with a B.Tech. degree from Sri Chaitanya College, Hyderabad. With a big fan following Prabhas made his screen debut with the 2002 Telugu action drama film Eeswar.
Here’s everything you would like to know about Prabhas. Have a look at 15 unknown facts about the actor.
15 Unknown Facts About Prabhas
- We all know Prabhas by this name but his real full name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati.
- He was awarded the state Nandi Award for Best Actor, for his role in Mirchi.
- Prabhas got immense popularity with S. S. Rajamouli’s epic action film Baahubali: The Beginning (2015). It is the fourth-highest-grossing Indian film to date. While his Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017), became the first Indian film ever to gross over ₹1,000 crore in all languages in just ten days, and it is the second highest-grossing Indian film to date.
- Telugu actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju is Prabhas’s Uncle.
- Very few of us know before entering to movies Prabhas learnt dance under Sekhar master.
- Prabhas made a cameo in Action Jackson, it was his first Bollywood film.
- Interestingly Prabhas was gifted 1.5 crore worth gym equipment by the makers of Baahubali to fit into the role of shivudu.
- Lakshman Reddy Mr World 2010, is the one who trained Prabhas for Baahubali.
- Prabhas gave ‘Baahubali’ 5 years of his life.
- He is a voracious reader, a bookworm who has a personal library at home and loves to be by his books.
- Prabhas loves sports and often plays volleyball with his friends.
- Fitness freak Prabhas considers rock climbing as the best form of work out.
- Shy and reticent, Prabhas likes to stay away from the public glare as much as he can.
- Surprisingly the eligible bachelor has till date received 6,000 marriage proposals.
- Prabhas is a nature lover and is a huge fan of birds. He has a garden full of chirping ones.
- He is called Darling by his fans and people who are close to him. Some of his nicknames include Prabha, Pubsi and Mr.Perfect.
- Prabhas is one of the Indian Actors and the first South Indian actor to have his own wax statue at Madame Tussauds, Bangkok.
- Everyone’s favorite actor never thought of becoming the same instead, he wanted to be a hotelier.
- Prabhas got the sixth spot in the list of Most Influential Young of 2017 by GQ Magazine.
- The Prabhas we see is not easy to maintain in fact the actor follows a strict diet to maintain his physique. However, once a month during cheat meals he relish his favourite food biryani. Interestingly, during Baahubali diet plan he ate about 15 types of biryani during his cheat meals.
- Prabhas all-time favourite Telugu film is his uncle Krishnam Raju’s Bhakta Kannappa movie released in 1976. He also loves watching bollywood films made by Rajkumar Hirani. He has watched 3 Idiots and Munna Bhai MBBS for almost 20 times.
- Prabhas best friends in industry include Gopichand and Allu Arjun. However while working closely with Rana Daggubati both became good friends.
- His Favorite Hollywood actor is Robert De Niro.
- His favorite heroines are Jayasudha, Trisha & Shreya
- His Favorite Movie is Geethanjali and Baktha Kannappa
- His Favorite Book is Fountain Head is his favorite book.
- Prabhas loves to wear black.