From its inception in China thousands of years ago, acupuncture has been practiced worldwide in a variety of ways. In the traditional practice of acupuncture, very thin needles are inserted into the skin. However, laser light is increasingly being employed for the same purposes. Try acupuncture, a tried-and-true method with a long history of safety and efficacy to alleviate the discomfort associated with a variety of medical and mental issues. It poses less risk than the majority of traditional therapies as long as a competent medical professional administers it. We’ll look at how acupuncture works and some of the conditions that can be effectively managed via acupuncture.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture is a process where needles or a laser are used to stimulate certain areas on the body’s surface. Stimulating nerve endings in skin, muscle, and other tissues may elicit many different physiological responses. They include but are not limited to, changes in how the brain interprets pain signals and the release of the body’s natural analgesics. In addition to relieving pain, acupuncture has been shown to enhance patients’ general health, with many reporting a greater “feeling of well-being” after treatment.
Conditions That Can Benefit from Acupuncture.
As aforementioned, acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medical practice that has been used to treat a wide range of ailments and illnesses for thousands of years. These are some of the conditions that respond well to acupuncture treatment:
- Digestive disorders. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), nausea, and acid reflux are just some of the digestive disorders that acupuncture can help manage. It does this by improving digestion, reducing inflammation, and promoting gut motility.
- Chronic illnesses. Arthritis, back pain, and headaches are just some of the chronic pain ailments that respond well to acupuncture treatment. Acupuncture reduces pain and inflammation by triggering the body’s own supply of analgesics.
- Depression and anxiety. Acupuncture’s ability to induce a state of deep relaxation while simultaneously decreasing levels of stress hormones has made it a viable treatment option for mood disorders, including anxiety and depression.
- As a kind of complementary medicine, acupuncture has been shown to be effective in treating insomnia by decreasing levels of stress hormones and enhancing relaxation. It can also help regulate the body’s circadian cycle.
- Respiratory disorders. Asthma, hay fever, and sinusitis are just a few of the respiratory disorders that acupuncture has helped significantly. It does this by improving lung function and minimizing inflammation in the airways.
- Menstrual disorders. Acupuncture has been shown to be helpful in treating menstruation disorders, including PMS, painful periods, and irregular periods. It does this by lowering inflammatory and pain hormone levels.
- Both male and female infertility has been successfully treated with acupuncture. It regulates hormone levels, regulates stress levels, and increases blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Basically, acupuncture is a good therapy option to think about if you want a more holistic approach to recovery.
You Don’t Have to Do This Alone!
Need a safe and effective natural remedy for your ongoing body aches and pains? Here at Mirvana Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, we have everything you need. Our trained acupuncturists have years of expertise in utilizing this old technique to help patients feel better. Our acupuncture treatments are very specific and have the potential to bring about permanent comfort and an enhanced quality of life by increasing blood flow, decreasing inflammation, and enhancing relaxation throughout the body. Contact Mirvana Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs now if you’re ready to take charge of your health and experience the benefits of acupuncture.