Foods that are immunity boosters
Eating certain types of foods will help you to boost your immunity and will protect you from many bacterial and viral infections. If you are suffering from blood dyscrasias , any blood disorder such as low white blood cells count. These foods will help you to gain normal level of white blood cells
If you are finding different methods to protect yourself from common colds, the flu, and other bacterial and viral infections, you don’t have to go to a pharmacy rush to your nearest grocery store to buy these listed foods that will help you to boost your immune system.
To protect yourself from COVID-19 a pandemic no diet, supplements, or lifestyle changes will help you to prevent this disease. You should follow social distancing, wear a mask at public places and avoid going to crowded places, Follow proper hygiene techniques to protect yourself from coronavirus.
These foods will only help you to fight this viral disease and enhance the natural defense system of your body.
- Broccoli complete package of vitamins and minerals. It consists of vitamins A, C, and E, and it is high in fiber content it contains many other antioxidants, broccoli is one of the best and healthiest vegetables on planet earth. Cooking for a long time will result in a loss of vitamins and minerals so to protect its nutritional content cook it minimal so you can get benefits of its high nutrient-dense value.
- Garlic is used in almost every part of the world and every type of dish. It adds zest to any cuisine. It has antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Garlic is an immune booster and has its active compound alicin .
- Spinach is not only rich in vitamin C content but also it contains various non nutritional compounds such as beta carotene and antioxidants. Antioxidants increase its capacity to boost our immune system. You should cook spinach for short duration to prevent nutrients loss. Cooking for little helps the absorption of vitamin A that has anti-inflammatory roles in our body.
- Yogurt Try to eat plain yogurts without any sugar and added compounds. You should add fruits or honey in yogurt for sweetness. Yogurt is major source of vitamin D or you can choose yogurt brands that are fortified with vitamin D. Vitamin D has antiviral properties and enhance natural immune system of your body.
- Citrus fruits People after getting cold or any infection take vitamin C. That’s right because it enhance body’s immune system.
Vitamin C is known as to increase the synthesis of white blood cells. They are important part of our immune system All citrus fruits are high in vitamin C. You can choose any fruit you like to add to your food
Citrus fruits that contain high levels of vitamin C
Vitamin C is water-soluble and the body can not store vitamin C so you need to take vitamins daily for the proper function of the body.
Green and black tea
Green and black tea consists of antioxidants known as flavonoids that have anti-inflammatory properties and flavonoids increase levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is also a powerful antioxidant. High levels of EGCG are present in green tea.