Get Familiar with Services Enclosed Auto Transport Companies Offer
First-timers can find it hard to choose a car transport company. They are not even aware of how the transporting and shipping sector works. However, people are aware that a car gets extra protection in an enclosed carrier than an open trailer. They are unaware of the differences in enclosed services different car shipping companies offer.
Auto transport direct carriers versus brokers
The majority of Google search results for ‘auto transport’ will be brokers. People are not aware of auto transport brokers when they have to transport their vehicles for the first time. The broker is commission agents that don’t own car hauling equipment, but bid your shipment needs to a carrier network.
When you work with brokers, you are unaware of the carrier company or the trucker’s reputation. They look for cheap ways to transport your car, which may offer a bad experience. The carrier company chosen is sub-par with improper equipment, transport skills, and customer service.
On the other hand, hiring a direct carrier you get a chance to do some research on the potential transport company’s experience and equipment type, insurance coverage, and how they work. This is where Shiply, your One-Stop shop, comes in. Shiply is the number one online resource which provides a business platform for shipping companies, delivery companies, individuals who wish to transport their items and pets, and people seeking employment in the shipping industry, that is people seeking to find delivery driver jobs or truckers looking for jobs. Shiply sets the conditions for the necessary vetting. For enclosed auto transport, you can approach Ship a Car, Inc as they are direct carriers with experience of decades. They have a team of experienced truckers and good equipment for a better car transport experience.
Car hauling ramps or hydraulic lift gates are used to load your car on the enclosed shipping trailers. Both have their pros and cons.
Car hauling ramps
- A cheaper option, which decreases your total shipping cost.
- Risky for vehicles with low clearance. While loading, the car’s underside gets scraped because of the ramps steep incline.
- Drivers make use of wood blocks to lower the incline but after the car rolls away the woodblocks shoot up possibly banging the car.
- Inexperienced truckers trying to drive your car slowly across the ramp can damage the clutch.
- The possibility of a vehicle slipping off the ramp, if not aligned properly is more.
Hydraulic lift gates
- Liftgates elevate the car and slowly lower it on flat surfaces.
- Low clearance cars can get on the liftgate without any undercarriage scraping.
- While loading the car in the hauler, the driver has more control. As there are no inclines, the driver gets out of the car with ease.
- The expense is more than ramps, so this extra safety can increase transportation costs.
Chains or nylon straps are used to secure the car inside the trailer. The former is risky because plenty of strain is placed on the car axle, where it is secured. Over tightening of chains can damage car frame or suspension. If the chain loosens, the car gets banged on every pothole and bumps during the transit.
Nylon straps, when secured properly make a difference. To secure the car, go over the car’s tire and not through the rims. It avoids the rim from getting damaged.
Even in enclosed carriers, the car gets covered with plastic and cloth covers to avoid it getting dirty from dust or oil leaks from cars secured above.
Car shipping companies even differ in their insurance coverage level. So, ask about the insurance coverage level the potential company carries to protect your car from loading to unloading.