In the unfortunate incident of an accident, it is common for people to feel overwhelmed by the consequent events. Dealing with the shock of the event, your physical condition, your emotional response to the event, etc., are some of the immediate things you may need to deal with. In such a situation, when the negligent party approaches you with a cash settlement for your loss, you may be tempted to accept the offer and move on. However, accepting early compensation may disadvantage you in many ways. Not only will you be waiving your right to an in-court settlement, but you may also not be receiving the deserving compensation. Hiring an accident attorney in such situations is more important than you can imagine. Let us tell you why.
- Studies have proven that an injured party backed by an attorney often stands a better chance at receiving a greater compensation in comparison to unrepresented parties. Having a Tampa car accident lawyer represent you is a morale boost like no other. When you hire a lawyer, you can rest assured that you have someone to back you through what can often be a long and draining process. At the end of your lawsuit, the compensation received is still a good amount, even deducting lawyer fees.
- Hiring an accident attorney is practically free unless they win your case either in a court of law in an out-of-court settlement. Most attorneys earn their fees from the compensation amount you receive.
- When you approach insurance companies to claim your insurance amount for injuries, you may often end up speaking to a room of lawyers. Besides the trauma of going through an accident, being faced with legal jargon and technicalities may put you through more stress. Being backed by a lawyer will help make the insurance claim process a stress-free one for you.
- Unfortunately, not all insurance companies are straightforward and honest with claim settlements. It is common for insurance companies to reduce the settlement through to this honest voice. It is always best for your lawyer to go through the paperwork, so you don’t miss out on the settlement you deserve.
- In cases of accidents where the injured party may be completely innocent, the negligent party’s lawyers tend to argue that the injured party was responsible for 50% of the mishap. An accident attorney will help you counter this argument effectively.
- You only have to gain when you hire an accident attorney for yourself in the event of an accident. Tampa car accident lawyers always have the best interests in mind during negotiations and proceedings that could be very adversarial.
- Accidents often cause losses that go deeper than just physical injuries. Some injured parties may end up needing years of medical care, and no amount of money can compensate for the trauma you have been through. An accident lawyer will stand by your side and help you recover the full compensation you deserve. Beyond these factors, having an accident lawyer on your side will remove any uncertainty in the process for you. They will advise, guide, and provide you the emotional strength you need much after a traumatic experience like an accident.