Websites are the online ventures where people visit to collect information or buy products. The people are laymen who prefer simple solutions to deal with. So, when you want your website to have repeat visits or truly loyal customers, one thing helps for sure, which is – user engagement. What can be done to increase the engagement value of the website? Let’s find out.
- Serve what they need: ‘Go and visit on this website, if you want quick and easy solution’, this kind of mouth publicity becomes possible to achieve when you have critically analyzed your end users. What they need, how they want it to come to them and why they would come to you again are some of the crucial questions that help you have a website with amazing user engagement value.
- Respect opinions and encourage comments: Unless the visitors are not too mean with the way they comment, each opinion matters. Thus, the website can definitely engage visitors better when they provide the ease of commenting or sharing an opinion. These opinions and comments do make priceless data for you which the designers can employ in improving the offering.
- Post regularly but while focusing on quality: Posting one or two blogs of excellent quality can create more impact than a bunch of frivolous posts. Be consistent but not complacent. The same goes with the on-page content. Make changes only when the time demands, not just to keep the content writers engaged. Consistency of the content as well as that of the idea promoted by the website helps earn more loyal visitors.
- Uniform and well-coordinated design throughout all segments: A blog using very shallow language while the content of outstanding quality can create bad impression. Also, the design of the blog should be completely consistent with that of the main pages of the website. This increases credibility and also makes it easy for the users to connect. Ensure consistency between the title and the content, too, to answer the questions asked. It does help showing you mean what you are trying to say.
- Lightning fast loading of website: Before anything else, the website should be running exceptionally smooth way. A visitor will not have more than 3 seconds to decide whether they want to continue with your website or not. So, your pages should not take more than this time to load. Work on the hosting plan that complements your content the best way and yield user-friendliness to score more on the engagement.
- Add chat box: Users feel properly treated when someone is there to talk to or to answer your queries. If you have lot of content on your website, make the process of navigating it simple by providing them with a guide through chat box. It can also be a courteous way of collecting email addresses of the visitors.
Increase the engagement value of your website using the pointers mentioned above and see how your websites fare. These points do help in correcting mistakes made by the designers or yourself during the ideation process.