Making rich and original desserts is very simple with these easy cake recipes to make at home. Whether to share or to pamper yourself, these cakes are a real treat.
Cakes are the quintessential dessert to accompany meetings, birthdays, or to satisfy cravings, so we are looking for simple recipes, but that goes beyond the classic chocolate cake.
Below, we share a couple of easy homemade cake recipes that you’re sure to love!
Tiramisu Crepe Cake
For the crepes, 2 cups of flour, 4eggs, 4 tablespoons of instant coffee, 1/2 cups of muscovado sugar, 2 tablespoons of coffee liqueur, 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
For the topping 4 cups of mascarpone cheese 1 cup of powdered sugar 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla 1/4 cups of cocoa
- For the crepes, mix in a bowl the flour with the egg, the coffee, the mascarpone sugar, the coffee liqueur, and the milk until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- In a Teflon frying pan over medium heat, pour a ladleful of the crepe mixture and spread it out. Cook each side until cooked.
- For the cream, beat the mascarpone cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla essence.
- To assemble, place a crepe on a baking sheet (you can buy one at your nearest cake supplies store or online) and spread a little cream. Repeat the process until the crepes are finished.
- Cover the cake with the mascarpone cream and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle it with cocoa and it’s done!
Enjoy with a cup of coffee!
Matcha cake with orange cream
For the cake, 250 g butter 250 g finely ground sugar 4 eggs 250 g wheat flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 4 tablespoons matcha tea 20 ml. whole milk.
For the orange cream, 150 g butter 300 g finely ground sugar 40 ml orange juice ½ cup grated orange zest.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and add a tablespoon of flour at the end.
- Stir in the matcha tea, the rest of the flour, and the milk until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan and bake for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180ºC.
- Let cool and turn out the cake.
- For the orange cream, beat the butter with the sugar. Add the orange juice and zest until creamy.
- Pour the orange cream over the matcha cake and decorate with orange zest or colored sprinkles; you can get them at cake supplies if you wish. You can refrigerate it for half an hour before serving.
You will fall in love!
Cream cake with red berries
For the cake, 6 eggs 1 cup sugar 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon lemon zest 1 cup flour ¼ teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
For the cream 1 ½ cup whipping cream 125 g cream cheese at room temperature 1/3 cup sugar ½ teaspoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 125 g sliced strawberries 1/3 cup strawberry jam Red berries and powdered sugar to taste.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 190ºC.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar for 5 minutes and add the lemon zest and juice.
- Sift the flour with the salt and add it to the bowl and the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. Let cool.
- For the cream, mix the whipped cream with the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest.
- Then dip half of the strawberries in a jam.
- Finally, cut the cake in half (horizontally). Add half of the strawberries dipped in jam and half of the cream. Place the second half of the cake and repeat the process.
- Decorate with red berries and powdered sugar to taste.