Rapid Internet expansion and ever-decreasing connection costs are driving the gambling industry to expand beyond traditional land-based casinos. Gambling operators who rely on the online industry development have benefits. And forecasts for the future look very optimistic. Niche revenue reached $ 60 billion at the end of 2020, and the industry itself is undergoing a series of changes and reforms.
Online gambling in Europe is booming, and slots show the biggest growth in profits – 84%. Another interesting fact: it is in Europe that modern technologies for the gambling business are actively developing. This applies to classic slots, video slots and VR gambling. And since a younger generation of players is entering the market, companies are doing their best to meet the high requirements. This is how esports betting and skill-based games appeared.
In this regard, it would be interesting to consider the level of outgoings by player in different countries of the world:
- Spain – $ 418. The Spaniards have always been famous for their irrepressible temperament. Football is incredibly popular in this country, and local fans support their teams so much that they do not hesitate to contact bookmakers.
- Greece – $ 420. Here, the national lottery is very popular, in which every 8 out of 10 people take part. Also in Greece there are popular virtual casinos and online poker.
- Norway – $ 448. Unlike previous examples, the local government severely restricts the gambling business. In Norway, strict spending limits have been introduced, up to the ban on the bank cards used in casinos. Nevertheless, the Norwegians manage to play and spend quite a lot.
- Hong Kong – $ 500. Hong Kong authorities allow only one company to accept bets. However, just an hour away by ferry is the city of Macau – the most gambling city in the world, where you can choose any gambling entertainment to your taste.
- Italy – $ 517. It is also ranked among the most playing countries in the world, especially when it comes to slots. Poker and similar card games are also popular in Italy.
- Finland – $ 555. Who would have thought that our top would find a place for calm and somewhat “cold” Finns. Moreover, the state invests all income from casinos in sports.
- Canada – $ 570. In terms of percentage, it is Canada that is the most gambling country. The total income of the country from the gambling business is over $ 13 million per year.
- Ireland – $ 600. Ireland, like many other countries, has quite a few online casinos, but local players prefer horse racing.
- Singapore – $ 1110. Singapore is one of the most rapidly developing countries in the world, and gambling is far from the last place in this.
- Australia – $ 1200. There are more slot machines per person here than in any other country in the world. They also love betting, horse racing, online casinos and poker. Hence such colossal expenses.
Game assortment expansion
Technological advances have positively impacted all industries around the world. The casino and gambling industry did not stand aside, because technological progress in this area has led to significant positive changes and the entertainment range expansion.
There are also other factors that influenced the online gambling popularity. The ease of access offered by online casinos is the most compelling reason why many people prefer online casinos to land-based ones. According to statistics, more than 2.5 billion people use the Internet every day. Thanks to its development, gambling services allow you to play from the comfort of your home or office, you can enter specialized platforms and play anytime.
The number of various types of entertainment has increased significantly. Some of them are innovative even for the actively developing Internet environment. Classic one-armed bandits are performed in the themes of films, cartoons, eras, countries, and folk tales. It all depends on the imagination of the provider and its capabilities. There are completely new entertainments based on augmented and virtual reality, sites that work with cryptocurrency and use it for payments. The market is also moving to portable mobile platforms, so all entertainment is adapted for smartphones and tablets.
Everything goes to the fact that offline establishments will become a real exotic over the years, because online slots, mini games, spins and bets in a smartphone are rapidly conquering the gambling market. And in the fierce competition conditions, for the online resources operators, it is extremely important to follow and implement the most interesting trends. An example of a successful online platform is the Shangri La casino. When launched in 2016, the site offered online slots, live dealer games and traditional sports betting.
Today, in order to reach the widest possible audience, the platform offers a huge variety of gambling entertainment: scratch cards, slots with skill elements, new games with odds bets. Sections of virtual sports and e-sports have been added to the sportsbook. The range of livecasino has grown, and the games themselves have significantly improved. The site has a user-friendly minimalistic interface. Everything is done for the players’ comfort who, through the main menu, manage to quickly move to all the sections of interest.
Research has shown that already a couple of years ago, 70% of all virtual casino customers played from smartphones. And in 2021, even more users began to play from mobile gadgets, and this year the number of slots for mobile versions and applications from leading developers is only increasing. Therefore, at the beginning of 2021, the Shangri La Casino and Sports Internet platform launched its own mobile application. All games and services of the main site, as well as additional bonuses and promotions, are available to mobile users.
New ways to deposit and withdraw funds
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies are developing at an incredible speed, and every day we see more and more options for using them in practice. One of the industries this innovative technology has penetrated is online gambling. Currently, gambling accounts for about 50% of bitcoin transactions.
What is the secret of the cryptocurrency games’ success? First, cryptocurrencies like Ether and Bitcoin make it much easier for people to access the market in jurisdictions where gambling is prohibited. Secondly, there are many online players who simply do not want in-game transactions to appear on their bank statements, and cryptocurrency provides anonymity and makes it easier to deposit and withdraw funds.