The Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 27th September 2021. The mission aims to provide digital health identity cards to all Indian citizens. This scheme was presented by NHA (National Health Authority) on the 3rd anniversary of the PAMJAY (Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana).
With the ABHA card benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Yojana (ABHA Health ID), the Government of India intends to do better implementation, planning, and budgeting of the health programs of the state. Moreover, it will also digitally connect hospitals and clinics across the country with each other. Still, applying for a digital ABHA health ID is entirely a voluntary decision of an individual and does not comprise any extra costs.
What are the benefits of an ABHA health ID card?
In recent years, there has been a massive development in the healthcare industry which has also resulted in leveraging digital platforms. Consequently, the authorities can protect, access, and evaluate medical data more quickly. There are numerous ABHA card benefits connected with the Ayushman Yojana of the Government of India. Some of the following are:
- Exclusive and trustable identity: ABHA health card establishes an individual's exclusive identity across different healthcare operators within the healthcare system.
- United benefits: It connects all healthcare aids and public health programs for an individual to insurance schemes, which can be accessed through their exclusive ABHA identity number. By practising simple steps, you may view your medical data, including different tests, appointments with specialists, medication prescriptions, etc.
- Sharing facility: With the ABHA Health ID card, the individual can quickly provide their records of treatments, medicines, and diseases to the specialist while seeing a new physician. It will allow the doctor to thoroughly understand the diseases that are now existing, the suitability of the treatment, adverse effects, if any, medications, discharge summaries, lab tests, other reports, etc. Furthermore, AYUSH treatment organizations accept this health card. Yoga, Ayurveda, naturopathy, Unani, and homoeopathy are among the accessible treatments.
- Hassle-free access: One can steer off the extended lines for nationwide registration in healthcare services. The ABHA card benefits the individual by making therapeutic information more manageable by storing every medical file in one folder. This means one can avoid the hassle of substantially carrying comprehensive medical records to the doctors on every visit.
- Simple PHR sign-up: It delivers a seamless sign-up process for PHR (Personal Health Records) apps for sharing health-related data with a third party.
To sum it up!
The ABHA health card ID will create a unified digital platform for an individual that will also safeguard the privacy of health-related personal information. Furthermore, with this healthcare initiative, the Government of India aims to diminish the risk of unnecessary medical errors and meaningfully upsurge the excellence of healthcare in India.