Upgrading the Exterior of Your Home
Investing in your home is, and always has been, a wise way to spend money. Overall, homes gain value over time. Any money you put into making your home more aesthetically pleasing, you are sure to get a return on investment. Additionally, homes with upgrades or replaced items will sell faster and for a higher price. If you aren’t interested in selling, just giving your space, a face-lift will make it feel more comfortable and clean. Curb appeal can be improved by changing broken old garage doors to frameless garage doors, contrasting paint colors, or adding colorful flower boxes.
If you don’t have much to spend but want to give your home some pizzazz, there are some fresh ways to achieve this. New ideas to consider:
- Add crown molding around the windows or a pediment above your door. This addition is for a more classic home.
- Columns are pretty on the front of any home. Installing a stone pedestal can highlight your porch and make it warm and inviting.
- Lighting helps to make your home look welcoming. Putting lights that highlight trees, bushes, driveways and walkways, house numbers, and windows will make your home look ready for guests and loved ones.
- Don’t forget your walkway. Broken or cracked concrete is not only an eyesore but can be dangerous. Repairing and pressure washing goes a long way to presenting a crisp, clean entrance.
While an inexpensive project can provide a new look, more expensive upgrades will add value to your home. Home improvement plans you can do are:
- Garage doors are mostly situated on the front of the house. Yet, they have always been the same and take away from the look and feel of your home. But now you can replace your old garage doors with frameless garage doors! There are many styles, materials, and colors to choose from, so get ready to make your garage pop!
- Roof shingle companies have gotten in on the design aspect of the home. You no longer have to worry about black shingles, not being energy efficient. A white house with black shutters and shingles is a beautiful contrast with some pops of color in flowers and even the front door. There are also architectural shingles that look better and last longer. With a wide variety of colors to choose from, you can make your home look sensational while increasing its value!
- Flagstone or paver walkways are a significant trend right now. Homeowners are using these long-lasting, durable stones to create a more permanent appearance that attracts even the pickiest of buyers.