No matter what type of home you live in, coping with plumbing issues is almost inevitable! It may happen in a small 2-room apartment or a posh condo. Homeowners who have dealt with plumbing problems know how annoying and problematic these can be. It can create a mess inside the house and lead to the development of unhygienic living conditions. It is imperative that you know about most commonplace plumbing problems and hire a suitable plumber to resolve them.
Listed below are the typical household plumbing issues:
- Dripping Faucets – This is a hassle almost everyone copes with at some point in time. It is not only annoying, but it also leads to water waste. In areas with water scarcity, this has to be fixed without delay. It is typically caused by washer malfunction, and the worn-out washer needs to be replaced.
- Slow Draining Sink – This is something most homemakers encounter. A blockage in the pipe below the sink leads to this problem. This can take place in the kitchen as well as the washroom sink. A home remedy is using baking soda and vinegar to unclog the pipe. However, in some cases, that does not solve the issue, and hiring a plumber is required.
- Leaking Pipes – In old homes, leaking pipes are quite commonplace. If the leak can be detected, you may try fixing it using OTC products. However, some leaks are difficult to detect, and this can lead to dampness in the wall and mold formation. Hiring a veteran emergency plumber is a prudent step to fix such leakage.
- Clogged Shower Drain – The shower drain may get clogged by hair and soap residue over the years. This will hamper the water passing through the drain. You may use the baking soda and vinegar method once again, but that may not always be effective. Calling an experienced plumber is the best option.
- Faulty Water Heater – A malfunctioning water heater can be problematic, especially if the problem crops up in the middle of winter months. It may be caused by a number of factors. The thermostat of the heater may get worn out. The sediment build-up in the tank can also be the culprit behind this. Usually, it is better that you do not try to fix a malfunctioning water heater personally. Calling a plumber and an electrician may be more prudent in this regard.
- Low Water Pressure – Sometimes, you may find the taps are dropping water pressure, and the same condition is with the showerhead in the washroom. This is what you get when the water pressure is low. It can happen because of leaking pipes. Sediment build-up inside the pipes can also choke the flow of water in some cases.
- Other Plumbing Issues – You may face some other annoying plumbing issues at home as well. These include clogged toilets and toilets that won’t stop running.
How to Resolve Annoying Household Plumbing Issues?
When you find that a plumbing emergency has cropped up at home, the best thing is to contact a reliable and experienced plumber. There are several emergency plumbing services you can pick from. However, you cannot go wrong by choosing Four Seasons Plumbing!