There are lots of good video players available for Windows users. They can choose from the plethora of options and get one installed for their device. One of such amazing video players is the Potplayer. It is loaded with splendid features and is widely known for its awesome performance.
The features of a Potplayer
- Potplayer is surprisingly fast and lightweight.
- It remembers where you left off in a particular video and resumes playing from that point.
- Potplayer is popular for streaming and playing any video format without any glitch.
- In case you want to play a damaged AVI file, Potplayer can play it by avoiding the damaged portions.
- It is equipped with audio and video equalizer so that the user can adjust the hue, brightness, contrast of the video.
- For customized playback options, Potplayer has remarkable features like post-processing, de-noise, and deinterlacing.
- There are keyboard shortcuts available on the Potplayer so that you can control the brightness, contrast, volume, zoom, and even resynchronize the subtitle.
- Potplayer allows you to choose skins for various file types. You can even hide the window border while playing the video or make the window transparent.
- It allows subtitle support that includes ASS and SAA. Additionally, it supports embedded subtitles like 3GP files, MOV, MP4, MKV, and OGM
Point of excellence
PotPlayer is beneficial for all users as it has a good number of settings. One can tweak everything in a video starting from brightness and contrast to de-noise and post-processing. These settings provide the best quality video playback. If the quality of the file is low, it gets better when played using the PotPlayer. PotPlayer is lightweight, fast, and can play any video format that includes the damaged files as well. The interface is simple and user-friendly.
Area of Improvement
Loads of settings available in a PotPlayer is beneficial, however, at times it also becomes painful to go through the settings menu every time. It takes time to get acquainted with the settings and there is no fun in doing it. It is a time-consuming process to tweak in every aspect of the player. It would be great if the settings are not based on the videos that are players. The settings should be universal so that the user does not have to tweak them every time. As the media player is young, you might experience a few bugs while playing.
You may check this Mac video player for outstanding performance. No video player is perfect for everyone. You can make your own choice with the one that works best for you.