Our body is composed of 60 percent water. We need to sustain this percentage every time for us to have a healthy balanced life. Many people believe that we need to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to keep our body hydrated. Here are some fast facts on why we need to drink water.
- An adult person’s body is made up of 60 percent water, and so is the blood. 90 percent of it is made of water
- Water is very crucial especially for the kidney function because it helps to flush away toxins in our body
- When adequately hydrated, the skin will become more radiant and soft. It will help you to look youngerTo learn more about water filtration, visit USA Berkey to learn more.
- Drinking clean water instead of soft drinks will help you to lose weight
However, due to a busy schedule of work and facing lots of stress in the surrounding, most of us do not care anymore about drinking enough water.
In this article, we are going to discuss some benefits of drinking clean water in our bodies.
- Water improves the skin complexion
Water can make our skin look younger. It is because it creates a moisturizing effect that keeps your muscle tissues hydrated.
On the other hand, if our body is insufficient with water, the skin will become prone to skin diseases, and your face will look dry. This incident will make you look and create wrinkles on your forehead.
- It Creates more Saliva
Saliva is essential because it merely digests our food while keeping your mouth moist. Drinking enough clean water will:
- Keep your saliva production at a reasonable level.
- Your mouth will become clean if you drink fresh and clean water.
- It flushes away bacteria that builds up in your mouth.
Finally, avoid any sweetened drinks like chocolate, milk, coffee, and soda because it reduces saliva production and can cause tooth decay. Instead, drink cold and clean water.
- It Loosens up the Joints
Water acts as a lubricant or oil between the joints of our body. It is because the cartilage, which can be found in between the bones, contains around 80 percent water. Insufficient supply of water can:
- Lead to joint pain
- Causing the joints to produce more friction from each other and
- It can reduce the shock-ability of the bones.
- It Maintains Normal Body Temperature
Water keeps our body temperature at an average temperature level. During sports events, each player releases more sweat because of intense action in the playing area. Because of this work, our body cannot tolerate the heat strain.
Drinking enough water can reduce physical heat strain during sports activity. It keeps your body in its most efficient function because our body works in average body temperature.
- Water can Affect the Function of Brains
Water is essential to our brain. The human brain is composed of 70 to 80 percent water.
Consuming enough water every day will keep your brain healthy because it regulates the flow of oxygen to our mind. Also, it will help the brain cells to improve critical thinking and reasoning.
- Water is Essential in the Cycle of Digestive System
The water is vital to our digestive system because:
- It keeps our bowels working correctly.
- Keeping you hydrated will help you prevent getting constipated, digestive problems, and having an acidic stomach.
However, if your body is dehydrated or lack of fluids in the body, there is a high risk of ulcer or heartburn.
- Water Simply Release Body Waste
Water is essential during the process of eliminating body waste through:
- Urine. When we drink water, it will circulate throughout our body. When the fluid reaches the kidney, it will filter the toxins in our body, then flushes away to our system through urine.
- Feces. Food that has been absorbed by our body will be digested and discharged from our body through a bowel movement.
- Weight Loss
Water may help individuals to cut some weight. It is because water is zero percent in calories, which is the key factor why we are gaining weight.
Besides, taking 1 to 2 glasses of water before meals can reduce our appetite to eat effectively. It is because we already reach our sense of fullness. Therefore, we can achieve a gradual but safe weight loss.
These are some of the suggestions about why water is vital for everyone. It promotes a healthy lifestyle, which later on converts to excellent benefits for each one of us. Start living healthy and drink lots of water.